- Educational/Professional Background
- 1993 Completed Tohoku University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physics, Master's course
1993 to 2002 Worked for Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
2002 Joined Adachi International Patent Firm (now Nagoya International Patent Firm)
2007 Registered as a patent and trademark attorney
- Main Field of Expertise
- Specialized in control engineering, physics and information and telecommunication in patent practice, especially familiar to automobile engineering and semiconductor process.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications
I have been handling applications in the following technical fields:
- image recognition, speech recognition, driving behavior estimation
- keyless entry, headup display
- engine control, idle stop control, shift control
- MEMS, semiconductor lasers, oxygen sensors, NOx sensors
- CAN communication, spread spectrum communication, radar equipment, antenna systems
- fuel cells
- game machines
- building materials
- Expert opinion
I have a lot of experience in preparing expert opinions on patent infringement and invalidation of patent. Especially, with regard to expert opinions on invalidation of patent, I am knowledgeable about judicial precedents about so-called parameter patents (inventions defined by a numerical limitation) set by the Intellectual Property High Court of Japan. Thus, I am skilled in determining presence/absence of grounds for invalidation in parameter patents having novelty and inventive step.
I have handled both Japanese and foreign trademark applications.
I specialized in particle physics as an undergraduate and nuclear physics in a master course, which gave me an in-depth knowledge of all areas of physics. In my previous job, I engaged in basic research for semiconductor devices (SOI (Silicon On Insulator) devices and TFT (Thin Film Transistor)) having a new structure, and development of control devices for automatic control of manual transmission and devices for controlling automatic transmission from upstream process to downstream process (system design, program creation and in-vehicle test). Accordingly, I am well-acquainted with entire semiconductor fields, automobile engineering and software control engineering. I also have experience as an inventor in prosecution of Japanese and foreign applications, which were successfully patented.