- Educational/Professional Background
- 1991 Completed the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Science, Department of Chemistry, master's course
1991 Worked for Mitsubishi Kasei Corporation (currently, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation)(engaged in research and development of recording media)
1999 Joined Adachi International Patent Firm (now Nagoya International Patent Firm)
2003 Registered as patent and trademark attorney
2006 Qualified as an IP infringement litigator (Qualified as having passed the Specific Infringement Litigation Representation Examination under Article 15 bis of the Patent Attorneys Law in Japan)
- Main Field of Expertise
- Specialized in chemistry (inorganic material, high polymeric material, photocatalyst), construction materials, food, mechanical engineering, game playing machine, metal processing, effluent purification, civil engineering and control engineering; particularly, familiar with inorganic chemistry, high polymeric chemistry, photocatalyst, recording media, micro analysis and high-precision processing
- Well-experienced in preparation and prosecution of patent applications in various technical fields; highly skilled in successfully prosecuting applications, which clients were almost ready to give up, to achieve its grant of a patent.
- In addition to qualification as a patent and trademark attorney, qualified as an IP infringement litigator (qualified as having passed the Specific Infringement Litigation Representation Examination under Article 15 bis of the Patent Attorneys Law in Japan); represented in infringement suits (defendant side) and invalidation trials related to the suits, where the patent owned by the plaintiff was successfully invalidated; also represented in numerous suits against appeal decision.
- Produced many reliable and relevant expert opinions; especially skilled in preparing expert opinions on whether a product belongs to the technical scope of the subject invention or not, whether a ground for invalidation exists in other company's patents or not, etc.
- Through accumulated experience of examiner interviews, gained an effective tactic of the interview to obtain allowance of the subject claims. Most of the cases based on which I conduct an examiner interview to discuss persuasively, are highly possible to be allowed.
- Regularly visit clients and provide various consultations regarding intellectual property. For example, my consultation can be: how to enable knowledge obtained through technological development to be patented; how to avoid conflict with other company's rights; optimal application strategy for specific research and development schedule; beneficial uses of new material, etc.
Conducted research and development of recording media in a laboratory of a major chemical firm, through which knowledge on precision machining, chemical processing, cleansing, advanced analysis, etc. of materials such as metal and glass was obtained.