Our Collective Strength in Providing High-quality IP Services
Our Staff of nearly 90 Members
26 Patent and Trademark Attorneys,
Over 20 technical engineers,
Over 30 clerical support staff members,
Highly skilled translators (including translators with 1st level in Patent Translation Examination),
Chinese staff (including Chinese Patent Agent Examination Passers)
Strong commitment to “contribution”
Our firm’s mission is to ‘contribute to “achievement of our clients’ business objectives” through IP services’.
To truly contribute to the clients’ satisfaction, we thoroughly communicate with clients to understand and discover the details of the clients’ desires, so that we can make concrete proposals based on what is actually going on in the business scene.
Ability to understand and empathize with a variety of different cultures
We have a lot of staff members who studied abroad, received training abroad, worked abroad, and/or experienced overseas business trip.
Additionally, our firm has extensive experience in acquisition of IP rights and enforcement of IP rights via license negotiation or by initiating a lawsuit in Japan and in so many other countries, at the request of our domestic clients.
Therefore, regardless of the country where the client resides, we make optimal proposals with a convincing explanation easily understandable to the client, based on proper understanding of the business customs in the client’s country and of differences in the IP systems between the client’s country and Japan.
Passion for providing highly flexible services
Clients have different needs and restrictions in each case. We strive to satisfy the clients by flexibly changing our service contents according to the clients’ needs.
Well-balanced Personnel from Highly-skilled to Young Enthusiastic People
- Among our patent and trademark attorneys and technical engineers, over 30 members have more than 10 years of experience in IP fields. This makes it possible for us to provide dedicated IP services in Japan for international clients based on extensive IP practice experiences in Japan and in other countries.
- Our design and trademark team includes a member having more than 10-year experience in IP fields. They have considerable experiences in not only design and trademark application filings but also handling of design and trademark disputes in Japan and in other countries.
- Our clerical support staff, translators and draftspersons include a dedicated staff member with more than 10-year experience, respectively.
- Our practical skills and know-how are passed on from our highly skilled staff to our younger staff through our original employee training programs and team projects.
Solid Management System
- In order to achieve accurate deadline management, our firm holds a rigorous/solid double-check deadline management system, in which attorneys and clerical support staff members adequately confirm the deadlines with each other in close coordination.
- We drew up our original information security management policy, and maintain advanced security policy by requiring all of our employees to comply with the policy from the time they join our firm, even after they retire (All of our employees are obligated to submit a secrecy declaration).
- We keep a strong security system by forming two physically separated corporate LANs: "External LAN" connected to external networks, and "Internal LAN" not connected to external networks.
- By having the "Internal LAN" not connected to the external networks, we can safely share confidential information in past cases we handled with use of our original full-text search system of our past cases. Also, various self-developed tools have been accomplished such as an automatic "Amendment Form" generation tool, a case management tool for each patent and trademark attorney/technical engineer.
Our Extensive Services
Broad-ranging Support on Patent
Our firm includes many patent professionals having expert knowledge in a variety of technical fields, including electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, information engineering, chemistry, biotechnology, and pharmacy, so as to handle your patent matters in any technical field.
In order to meet our clients' needs at the highest level,
- we are always ready to handle the highly advanced technology;
- our services include assisting our clients with not only a large volume of application filings (having at least a capacity of handling more than 1,000 cases a year, even when only Japanese patent applications by order of Japanese clients are counted), but also a wide range of services in all phases of IP; and
- we also provide one-stop service from discovery of an invention to an infringement suit.
Filing Design and Trademark Applications and more
Our IP professionals will support you with plotting design and trademark strategy in Japan, based on over 25 years of accumulated experience and successful achievements.
Your IP infringement cases/lawsuits will be in good hands.
Our Japanese patent and trademark attorneys are bilingual, fluent in English. Our attorneys have extensive experiences of appropriately acting as a representative of non-Japanese companies in the scenes of IP disputes between international companies, IP disputes between an international company and a Japanese company, and so forth.
We are also skilled at handling problems on copyrights, such as cases involving unfair competition and disputes involving software related matters.
Our experience of representing our clients in trials is very extensive.
Our specialized search team offers various search services, for example, a validity search for a potential intellectual property right prior to the filing, a prior art search to invalidate a target patent in view of a possible invalidation trial in future, a legal status search/monitoring search for monitoring status and prosecutions of a subject patent ("Watching Search").
Patent Search DO Service
Our firm places importance on “contribution” to our clients also in patent searches. In order to meaningfully support our clients’ business activities, we perform search and analysis that is effective in both “Defensive” and “Offensive” aspects using patent information, and provide the results to international clients.
Our translation team offers professional translation of various legal documents such as contract, from Japanese to English and vice versa. The translation is properly completed under supervision of Japanese patent and trademark attorneys.
Varied Experience and Successful Achievement
From large corporations to small business owners/individuals
The patent firm at the highest level in Japan
According to our analysis based on the information provided by Japan Patent Office, our patent prosecution services are at the highest level in Japan.
We are always ready to serve our clients with the highest level of service possible.
Our firm is highly esteemed for its collective strength in providing high-quality IP services, extensive services, and varied experience and successful achievement.
We invite you to take a closer look at our practice and services, and please contact us if you would like more information.